Wednesday 23 May 2012

Birthday Owl

Once again my photography is not up to scratch, but it should still be able to give you the idea of the card. I have used the fabulous Owl builder punch on this card - it is such a great punch and surprisingly versatile.



I have used different thickness's of foam pad to create depth with the balloons, and used linen thread to make the balloon strings.


Details I added to the owl were tiny rhinestones for the sparkle in the eyes, a touch of glitter on the owl's heart badge, and the creation of the wing using a cut up scallop circle shape.


I hope you like the result!

I am entering this card into 3 challenges today:
ladybugs crafts ink challenge - something with wings I have not entered this challenge in a while, it is good to be back!

oldie but a goodie challenge - things with wings Lots of lovely fairies in the DTs makes - lovely colours and embellishments to. This challenge blog includes the rule that you MUST use something that is older than 6 months: the things from my stash that are over 6 months old? Ribbon, Owl Punch, Party This Way stamp set...

crafty cardmakers - birthday balloon bonanza A challenge I often visit as the DT samples are so varied, vintage/contemporary/cutesy... all are represented.


Happy Crafting!
Becky x

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Happiest Birthday Wishes, Party This Way.
Card Stock: Perfect Plum, Calypso Coral, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, So Saffron.
Inks: So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Perfect Plum.
Ribbon: Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Linen Thread.
Punches: Owl Builder.
Other: Rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! Your owl is darling--and I adore those fabulous colors you've used! Thanks for joining in my balloon challenge at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a cute little owl... love the card
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. That owl punch is really sweet, I love the wing you've added and the balloons look fab.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops forgot to say -Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight too
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!