Tuesday 17 July 2012

Something for the Men...

Wow, have I had a busy week! It was the Guide Dog Social at the weekend and it was great to catch up with everyone. Unfortunately Odelle started her first season last week which meant that we could not take her to the event with us as she would have proved very diverting for the other puppies! I will see if I can pop some photos of the event up here later.

In the meantime all this rain has put me in a nautical frame of mind, so I thought I would share one of my personal favourites with you today, a card using the Sail Away stamp:


So how did I do it? First I stamped the image using StazOn black ink onto watercolour paper, before using masking fluid to paint in the sails. Masking fluid is a great substance available from most art and craft shops, that prevents water based inks (and other inks for that matter!) from reaching the paper underneath. Once the fluid was dry I applied a wash of various Stampin' Up! blues and greens with the brilliant water brushes. Again allow to dry, then simply rub off the masking fluid with your fingers!


Ripped edges to the card add to the rustic feel, and the linen thread from SU! makes the most fantastic nautical 'rope'. Eyelets coloured white using white StazOn are reminiscent of portholes, and the little charm is one from my stash (sorry but not SU).

Let me know what you think of it!
Becky

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Sail Away
Card Stock: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Watercolour paper.
Inks: StazOn (Black and White), Old Olive, Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point
Ribbon: Linen Thread
Other: Eyelets, Crop-a-dile, charm (non SU)

I am also entering this make in just the one challenge today:
Always Crafting - #11 - for men
A self explanatory topic for this challenge! Take a look at the DT work some great colouring skills on show there!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card love the image and the way you have done the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Card, Love the Image....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!