Tuesday 10 February 2015

A wonderful wedding

Hello and good morning!
 
 
Today I want to share with you one of the creations I made for my lovely husband's cousin and her partner for their wedding. It didn't take too long to put together and may inspire some of you to tackle what can be a daunting event!
 
Together my husband and I made all the wedding invitations, orders of service, table settings/favours and my personal favourite the seating plan:
 
 
The bride wanted something quite clean, classy and simple to match her colour theme of deep blue, white and silver. I have used mostly Stampin' Up! products and I have listed these for you at the end of the post should you want to know the details. After some considerable time in a well-known DIY store I finally found a paint that matched Night of Navy (the bride's chosen colour) to near perfection, and bought a tester pot to paint a plain white canvas. The names were printed out onto quality cardstock and die-cut if needed, before layering on top of silver card.


 
The flowers probabaly took the longest to create, but were great fun! Each flower is made up of 5 punch out Blossom flowers which I have then coiled around each other, fixing into place with a hot glue gun. Silver leaves cut from the same card used elsewhere on the seating plan adds a bit more sparkle, and the finishing details of two strips of shimmering silver ribbon finish it off!
 
I hope you like it - I wanted it to be sturdy enough to use as a home décor piece for the bride and groom to have a memento of their special day which is why I used a canvas. Let me know if you have any queries on the construction or sourcing of materials - I am happy to help! I am also available for commissions if you would like me to create something for your big event.
 
Happy Crafting
Becky
 
***Photos reproduced with kind permission of Jemma Rylah @ www.jemmarylah.com***
 
Stampin᾿ Up! Supplies
Table built by craftingbecky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!