Saturday 24 September 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge - colour combo

I'm not sure about this weeks colour challenge, it was definitely outside of my comfort zone. Ideally I would have liked to use the stamp set 'lovely as a tree' with these colours, but as I don't have that set yet, thought I would try and use some of my stamp sets that are being retired at the end of this month.
I hope you like what I have done, I always find men's cards harder as it is difficult to restrain myself from putting flowers and / or bling on almost everything...


I love to create texture on cards, and this one is no exception. I crumpled the pear pizazz paper to age it, and used clear embossing to make the text more defined and shiny on the four corner and centre square panels. I played around with the ribbon and StazOn ink to add another layer and even more texture - highlighting the word thanks from the So Many Thanks stamp.


Finally a button and some linen thread were added in the corner to finish it off. (No naked buttons on this blog!)


Recipe:
Stamp sets: A comme amie (friendly - French option), so many thanks.
Card stock: very vanilla, chocolate chip, soft suede
Inks: versamark
Ribbon: pear pizazz, linen thread
Other: clear embossing powder, pear pizazz designer series paper, neutral buttons, chalks,


Happy Crafting Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!