Saturday 19 November 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge - Sketch 12

It is sketch time over at Simply Stampin' Challenge this week, and I found it quite a tough one, and it is a fairly simple layout, and like to embellish my creations! So the sketch is pictured below, and if you click it you will be taken to the Simply Stampin' Challenge page - why not have a go?


In the end I decided to make an ATC as I fancy doing a few more swaps in the near future - if you would like to swap with me then please get in touch! (An ATC: Artist Trading Card, is a small piece of artwork sized 2.5" x 3.5" that you can swap or give as gifts. I keep my collection in a little folder to inspire me!) Here is my offering:


I wanted to soften the edges of the 'thanks' slightly, so allowed the So Saffron ink to bleed over the edges of the Chocolate Chip outline a little, using a water brush to coax the ink gently. Here is a close up of the ruffled ribbon detail and bow:


Obviously I couldn't stop at just one ATC, and made a second to create a matching pair:


And a picture of the detail on the second ATC for you: I think the different sized pearls clustered in the centre of the flower are particularly effective...


I hope you like my creations, and please leave me a comment - I read them all and enjoy hearing your feedback!

I have also taken my theme and colours from two different challenges (click the name to visit their site): 

Color Throwdown: So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla and Basic Grey. (I had everything except Riding Hood Red ink, so substituted Real Red, and added a touch of Chocolate Chip for some outlining, oh and some Daffodil Delight Ribbons...)
Stamping Sisters in Christ: A theme of thanks and gratitude - what could be more appropriate than friendship?

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Delicate Doilies, For Everything.
Card Stock: Basic Grey, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Very Vanilla.
Inks: Basic Grey, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, So Saffron.
Ribbon: Daffodil Delight.
Punches: Notched Corner (non SU)

Happy Crafting... x

3 comments:

  1. WOW, Becky. Your ATC is definitely my favourite of all the DT's creations this week, I LOVE the colour scheme and how you thought outside the box with the strips in the background!
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous ATC's...so rich in colors and details!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! The colors just pop and the layouts are really nice. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!