Saturday 22 September 2012

Clean and Simple Celebrate Card

Have you discovered the possibilities of Stampin' Around Wheels yet? I recently started to play around with my Very Vintage wheel, but wanted to add a splash more colour. I thought about using the triple cartridge to do this, but didn't like the result, so instead I thought: 'why not roll it out in 2 colours, chop them up and rearrange the pieces?'. The result is below, and I hope you like it - I certainly do and will be seeing what other effects I can gain using different rollers, colours and 'chopping' points!


The brown swirly heart is in the same colour as the base brown card and sentiment, unifying the design, then a simple Celebrate sentiment and a few rhinestone gems finishes off the card nicely.


TOP TIP: Repeat colours through your designs to create consistency and ensure elements co-ordinate!

This card has very few 'ingredients' really, so see my recipe below on what you need to create your own celebration card:

Stamp Sets: Very Vintage, Basic Phrases
Inks: Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Early Espresso
Card: Whisper White, Early Espresso
Other: Rhinestones, Cuttlebug, Stampin' Around Wheel, Heart Die (non SU)

Right, I am off to enjoy some of this lovely sunshine in my garden, hope you all have a great weekend!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!