Tuesday 21 May 2013

Tips and Tricks Tuesday - Custom Colour Glitter Paper!

Hello and welcome to the latest instalment of my tips and tricks series! Today I want to share with you one of my favourite ways to add some sparkle to a creation: the addition of glimmer paper.

Glimmer paper is a form of glitter coated card, available in 12" x 12" sheets in either Silver, Red or Champagne. I LOVE the silver one and here is why - 

You can colour it to match any project you are working on!

Here it is in its normal silver colouring:


Check out that sparkle!!

And here is the silver glimmer paper side by side with some coloured with Rich Razzleberry ink:


It is a really simple technique - I promise!

  1. Take a small piece of glimmer paper, slightly larger than the finished piece you need (I usually add on about 1/4"). 
  2. Colour all over the glimmer paper using the BRUSH TIP of a Stampin' Write marker pen in your choice of colour. I find that the darker and richer colours are most effective.
  3. Wait for the ink to dry. This could take a little while, so go make a cuppa! Alternatively you can gently dry the ink using a heat tool.
  4. Punch your butterfly or other shape from your perfectly coordinated glimmer paper!
I hope you like this technique as much as I do?

Happy Crafting, Becky x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!