Saturday 22 October 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge - Hallowe'en

I don't celebrate Hallowe'en, so this weeks theme was difficult for me, instead I have reverted to All Saints' Evening - the evening before All Hallows, where all the saints are remembered. I have made fairly simple lanterns, which have small battery powered candles fixed inside. They represent the 'Light of the World', and these sorts of lanterns could be used for all sorts of occasions, such as Christmas, Diwali, Guy Fawkes Night, Birthdays and other celebrations.
These lanterns are a perfect project to make with children and teens!



I really like the lanterns, and you could make miniature ones to use as place settings, or block off the bottoms and place sweets or small gifts inside them instead of candles. I have decorated the lanterns with rhinestones and glitter, but unfortunately these haven't shown up very well at all in the photo so you will have to take my word for it!

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Sanded (retired)
Card stock: Daffodil Delight, Designer Series Paper (Pear Pizzaz, Concorde Crush, Poppy Parade)
Ribbon: Daffodil Delight Taffeta.
Other: Crop-a-dile, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Basic Rhinestones.


Happy Crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them!